Alright. Over the past almost 3 months of school, I've actually done quite a bit of work on my goal to become more observant. I've been taking in everything around me and focusing on the little things. I’ve started noticing little things about people and what certain things they do mean. A few weeks ago, the transmission feel out on my car, so I have been looking for a new car. I’ve talked to so many different people and seen how they all try and sell what they have. It’s been really interesting to watch all these people use their different methods of sales. My dad is a commercial real estate broker, and his job involves a lot of talking and negotiating with people. While driving around and looking at cars he and I have been talking strategy and he has been explaining what certain things people do mean and how to react to them. This has really created an interest for business for me. The idea of reading and relating to people being my job is so appealing.
I’ve also watched a lot of TED Talks on our brains, new neuro technology, and how people interact with each other. I love watching TED Talks and hearing people’s personal experiences from their studies. One TED Talk was about how scientists are beginning to create small robots that think and interact with each other like humans do. They studied basic human interaction and then programmed those signals and sets of information into a robot. At the end of the speaker’s allotted time, they released a few of the little robots onto the stage just to demonstrate how they worked, and it was really cool to see how well they worked.
So overall, my project is going well, I have just completely gapped on blogging. My subject is really interesting, but there is a limited amount of things I can do behind a computer so blogging just slipped my mind. I’m really enjoying becoming more and more observant and aware.
Well I really enjoyed reading about your experiences and discoveries. I think its a bright idea to want to learn more about the evolvement of the human brain. Realistically speaking, I believe the time you are spending to notice such small details of peoples way of thinking is actually going to get you very far in this goal of Yours. I'm really not much aware of what goes on outside of my bubble but reading your blog has actually enlightened me to want to try it. Anyways, good luck and keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I think this topic is super interesting. I totally agree with you about blogging. It is so easy to just focus on the project and forget to share it with people on the world wide web. Once you master reading people/ observing the small things, you could be unstoppable in the business world. I don't know if learning how to react to the little things you observe is part of your project or not, but either way I would make sure to know it. Have fun with the project!
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting and cool choice. I feel like if you accomplish your goal, it'll completely change your view of the world. This will probably benefit you in the future, no matter what field you go into. I hope you succeed.
ReplyDeleteI think that your topic is extremely interesting. I think everyone reacts differently in certain situations and being able to determine how they feel simply by being observant is very cool. I think this project will open your mind to the outside world more and be very helpful to you in the long run. With that being said, being able to observe people and essentially read their body language is a topic I would love to learn more about so I can't wait for your TED talk in December!
ReplyDeleteWow, this topic is really cool. I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't any more of your blog for me to read. What are you planning on doing with the skills you are planning on attaining in this project? I think out of all the projects, this one has some of the most useful real-life applications. I can't wait to see what your final presentation will be like. Good luck with the rest of your project!
ReplyDeleteThis is a cool idea for a project, and something that interests me as well. It's interesting how little things can tell you so much about people. Best of luck to you, and I hope you will post more in the future!
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting topic,especially because I often feel like I need to be more observant, too. One thing I want to know is how you will measure your success. How will you know if you have become more observant? I have always wondered if being more observant meant being able to pick out the details or being able to see a clearer, bigger picture. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYou chose a fantastic topic for your project. I have had problems with focusing or sometimes focusing on something too much. The fact that you are training your mind to become more observant and focused will definitely benefit you in the long run. Focusing is a big factor in being successful with all the task you perform, and by learning strategies to improve your focusing level, you are sharpening your mind which is will better your mental health. I also think it is awesome that you are trying to learn how to read people by their body language. Good luck with this!
ReplyDeleteI love your project idea and how you incorporated Sherlock into this. It's a long process in observing things closer and making it your natural habit but it would be a really great skill to have for the future. The TED Talks in your blog sounds really cool and it seems like it taught you more on your topic. Good luck on it and I can't wait to see the presentation!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog theme and your idea!! This is really cool and honestly I can tell by talking to you that you have been working on your observation skills!! Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteThis was actually one of the ideas i was contemplating on doing for my twenty percent time project. After seeing the movie Sherlock Holmes, I was fascinated by the way he was able to analyze a scene/situation down to the slightest details/clues that would help him build up a background/story for what has occurred. Being able to possess this ability would be similar to having a super power in my opinion. There are many methods as to how you can approach this. There is an app called Luminosity that helps your brain with memory/reflex and has the potential to aid you on this journey. I wish you the best of luck!
ReplyDeleteDude when you get the research you should really tell it to me, it would be pretty intense to read people! But yeah, gg on the late posting bro xD
ReplyDeleteHmmm...so there are limited things you can do behind a computer...then what are you doing in class each week? An honest question...
ReplyDelete